Easter 2014

Easter 2014
Easter in St Andrews

Monday, September 5, 2011

We're Here!




Pink!
If this page seems really pink to you, that makes two of us.  Pink has become a theme of my world with two daughters and a wife who all seem to love pink and purple (and most things girly).

Pink is also the theme of Esther and Bella's new room that Janelle and her mom put together this week.  They flew out on Wednesday (with Janelle's Dad coming on Thursday) and turned our apartment into our "home."  Esther, Bella, my dad, and I drove out from Boulder in a packed 4Runner on Friday and Saturday.  It was a solid Father-Son adventure that included fun times with the girls, our share of screaming, one pee-by-the-side-of-the-road stop, some amazing Palisade peaches, good dad-son talk time, no accidents for our potty-training Bella, and a night in a Vegas hotel with a pool for morning fun.  Fortunately, our only big delay was an hour traffic jam outside of LA.

Now we are here, all the grandparents are gone, and the real adjusting begins.  I have realized already that adjustment to a move like this will come in stages and hit all of us in different ways.  Right now Bella is adjusting to the freedom of a big girl bed, and Esther is so looking forward to having little girls to be friends with.  Janelle is adjusting to the fact that everything "normal" and comfortable is back in Colorado.  It is hard for me to believe that I am not starting another year of high school ministry in Boulder right now, and I am trying to look to God for my value instead of the "relevancy" or usefulness of my job. 

What will the next days and weeks hold?  Our hope is that we trust our Father God who has shown His love to us in Jesus and comes to us by His Spirit.

The Adventure Officially Begins!

1 comment:

  1. Forrest and Family~ that is totally AWESOME!! I love all kinds of pink myself so when I saw the pictures I was like WOW! Jojo's Dream Room!! thanks for sharing your Family Blog!! much love in Christ always,Jonnah

    ReplyDelete