Easter 2014

Easter 2014
Easter in St Andrews

Monday, October 24, 2011

Ordination Exams...CHECK!

Wearing an almond box and hiding from the camera...future barrel woman?

Disneyland Thursdays! 


Special In N Out treat at one of our favorite parks nearby!

Esther is getting awesome at riding her bike!

Sorry that I haven't written in so long!  Maybe you can tell that the pace of school has really picked up, so blog-update time has been squeezed out.  Here are a couple brief highlights...

*Esther and Bella continue to do really well out here.  They love preschool and love having Dadda around more than he used to be. 

*Janelle is starting to feel a little better - we are hoping the first trimester sickness will really halt in the next week or so.

*I am working hard at school.  I'm really enjoying my classes.  I have learned that one of the lessons from this quarter (or maybe year) will be how to study in the Humanities - reading and writing all the time isn't exactly what they taught us at old Colorado School of Mines!  (Go Orediggers!)

*I recently received the news that I passed all 4 of my Presbyterian Ordination Exams!  Most people don't pass all 4 on the first try, so I am very thankful to have successfully completed the biggest hurdle to ordination left for me (besides graduating with my MDiv from Fuller).  It looks like I'll be ready for ordination when I graduate in June; it will be interesting to see where God takes us!

*We are open to pastor jobs, but we are currently pursuing PhD studies starting next Fall to dive further into the amazing reality of who God is as Father-Son-Holy Spirit (Trinity) and how we can share in the life of God through Jesus.  We'll see.  Somehow I have to find time to actually do the applying in the midst of a very full school load.  I trust You God.

I hope you are well!  If you are reading this, it would be great to hear how you are doing too! 

God's blessing and joy in Christ to you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment